Launched in June 2013, the sleek “51” replaces its popular predecessor, the “49”. The Outremer 51 benefits from a number of features inspired by the Outremer 5X and feedback from the owners of the Outremer 49, who have been navigating the oceans of the globe.
Everything on the new Outremer 51 has been designed for optimized space and comfort of life aboard and, from the high storage volume, to the wrap-around vision in the salon and the views across the sea from the cabins.
Following the production of more than twenty “49”s in three years, the ’51,’ built from the same mold, enjoys a new exterior & interior design, longer hulls, and functional improvements. The sleek lines of the 51 bring it closer to its big sister the 5X in exterior design while adhering to the proven elements of seaworthiness perfected in the “49.”
Achieving the perfect balance, the Outremer 51 offers:
Performance : The feeling from her tillers, the ability to sail in light airs, and her peak speeds of over 20 knots will enable you to discover or rediscover the delight of sailing.
Seaworthiness : The choice of materials, the quality of construction, and the expertise for which the Outremer shipyard as been known since 1984, guarantee you optimum safety
Simplicity: Designed to be sailed shorthanded, the Outremer 51 has been optimized for easy sailing and owner maintenance, making life a breeze aboard the boat.
The interior design of the Outremer 51 is directly inspired by the flagship Outremer 5X, touting its own set of awards – 2013 European Boat of the Year and Cruising World’s 2014 Best Multihull of the Year.
- Special NPG gelcoat
- Vinylester barrier coating on the external skin
- Manual lamination of the hull/deck bond
- Laminated bulkheads assembled with flanges on both sides
- Polyester daggerboard cases: monolithic structure for higher strength
- Composite daggerboards
- Composite rudders on aluminium stocks
Positioned at the boat’s centre of gravity, the saloon provides comfortable living conditions both at anchor and at sea. At the same level as the cockpit, it provides a 360° view of your surroundings, whether you’re standing or seated, and creates an open and spacious living area.
- Panoramic window opening 160 cm (5,2 ft)
- U-shaped seating (6 people) with a mobile bench seat opposite (2 people)
- Wide accessible storage lockers beneath the seating.
- Numerous lockers and cupboards.
- Foam sandwich adjustable table with a wild cherry wood finish. The foot of the table forms a bar.
- 2 opening hatches up forward for ventilation
- Headroom: 1.95 m (6,4 ft)
Decoration, Upholstery (Franck Darnet Design) The Design Team of Frank Darnet has created an interior fitted with contemporary finishes and style while continuing the thirty year Outremer tradition of making them lightweight, durable, and ergonomic.
- Full interior upholstery, mattress, cushion covers, saloon, and cabins: removable covers with high resilience foam
- Floors in foam core sandwich for strength and light weight
- Side, lower and upper interior sections in synthetic veneering, which is hard-wearing with ease of maintenance.
Our deck fittings are selected to fully meet the requirements of short-handed offshore sailing
- 1 x ST46 – 1 x ST 50 winches on the mast
- 2 ST46 winches on the coachroof
- 2 primary ST50 winches: mainsail sheet, mainsail traveller, davits, daggerboards, jib furler, runners (option)
- 1 self-tacking curved jib track with ball-bearing jib car
- 1 mainsheet track with ball-bearing car lowered onto the aft beam for maximum safety, with German sheet at the helm stations
- Quick-release clutches under load on deck and mast
- 8 mooring cleats: 2 up forward, 2 amidships, 2 aft, 2 inside the scooped stern
The Outremer 51’s cockpit provides an exceptionally clear view across the sea. It is as safe as it is comfortable because it is protected in all maneuvers and bad weather. At the same level as the saloon, once at anchor it naturally enables you to host numerous guests in the utmost comfort
- U-shaped 6 person seating
- Opposing bench seat for 2 persons
- Sandwich polyester drop-leaf table
- Awning: central fixed companionway + Dralon awning on a stainless steel tubular structure (option)
- Twin gas arrangement (2 bottles of 13 Kg)
- 2 end lockers
- Stainless steel rod stays and upper shrouds
- Shrouds on stainless steel rod triangulation
- Aluminium boom fitted with clutches for the reefing lines
- Wind vane
- Lazy bag and Lazy jack
- Jib furler
- Anchor light
- Masthead light
Fully-battened mainsail in high-tenacity Dacron, 3 reefs Solent jib in high-tenacity Dacron, self-tacking on furler for ease of manoeuvrability when sailing short-handed
- Height of mast 21.06m (69 ft)
- Mainsail – 85 m²
- Jib - 40 m²
- Gennaker - 110 m² (option)
- 30A quay charger
- Electric control panel with thermal circuit breakers + 2 x 12v cigar lighter sockets
- Voltmeter battery tester
- 2 x 12V, 70 A/h engine starter batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 4 x 105 A/h service batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 6 electric bilge pumps (2 per engine room + 1 per hull )
- 1500 w horizontal electric windlass. Note: the windlass is positioned in a way which allows the winch drum to hoist the mainsail halyard.
- Regulatory navigation lights (port, starboard, stern, masthead, mooring) and decklight
- Chart table measuring L 130 x 55 cm (51,2x21,7”)
- Opening for a laptop computer
- Ergonomic seat
- Electric multifunction control panel protected by thermal circuit breakers
- Panel for navigation electronics
- White / red reading light
- 2 opening hull hatches for compliance and ventilation
- 60 cm high stainless steel stanchions, double row of guardrails, 2 jacklines
- 4 fire extinguishers - 2 forward safety trampolines
- Mooring: Delta Anchor 25 Kg - 50 m chain