Outremer 5X Syndicate
Outremer 5X Syndicate
IMAGINE, cruising the Mediterranean from the South of France, then joining the ARC rally across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. Venture through the Panama Canal and onto the amazing Galapagos Islands. Then sail home via Bora Bora, Tonga, Vanuatu and New Caledonia, eventually landing back in Australia for further cruising. And do this on the world’s most elegant performance sailing catamaran, the luxurious 59ft Outremer 5X, winner of the European Yacht of the Year in 2013 and Boat of the Year in 2014 in the USA.
But don’t worry if you are not an oceangoing sailor. As you fly in and fly out to destinations enroute to Australia, you will be welcomed by a full time professional skipper and crew who will remain onboard at all times to maintain the yacht, provide coaching and guide you to the best destinations around the world for a worry free adventure with friends and family. After the yacht safely sails back to Australia over the course of 12 months, then continue on a yearly cruising program in Australia and the Pacific for the next 4 years unless you choose to sell earlier.
Normally requiring a multi-million dollar investment, this super-yacht experience is now possible from just A$321,000 plus ongoing costs for yacht management. This provides you a one sixth equity share of this amazing craft, with up to eight weeks a year use. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for real adventure in luxury and safety and may never be
repeated. For further information and to register your interest
The Outremer 5X is one of the most wonderful catamarans in the world to sail and live aboard. With a stylish interior, the 5X is equipped with everything to allow life onboard to be comfortable and enjoyable. This is your 5 star resort on water, with large queen beds and ensuite for the owners, plus large saloon and galley with high quality finishes and an enormous cockpit with day bed and entertaining lounge.
This is more than a luxury apartment though, as the 5X is a highly technical blue water machine with a high performance pedigree. Featuring light weight construction and a powerful rig, you can expect to average over 10 knots and peaks between 15-20 knots regularly, allowing quick ocean passages and a exhilarating sailing. For nearly 30 years, Outremer have built ocean going performance catamarans and have gained a reputation as one of the world’s most innovative manufacturers, with a range of catamarans including a 45, 51 and the 59ft 5X.
Decoration/Upholstery (Franck Darnet Design) For your comfort and your pleasure, the team at Franck Darnet Design imagined the interior fittings of the Outremer 5X to make them very enticing, while respecting the values of the brand: light weight, easy maintenance, ergonomics.
- Full interior upholstery, mattress, cushion covers, saloon, cabins: removable covers with high resilience foam
- Floors in foam core sandwich for performance
- Side and lower section in polyester veneering which is hard-wearing and easy maintenance, upper section in insulating imitation leather
Positioned at the boat’s centre of gravity, the saloon provides comfortable living conditions both at sea and at anchor. At the same level as the cockpit, it provides a 360° view across the sea, whether you’re standing or seated.
- Panoramic window opening 160 cm
- U-shaped seating (6 people) with a mobile bench seat opposite (2 people)
- Wide accessible storage lockers beneath the seating.
- Numerous lockers and cupboards.
- Foam sandwich adjustable table with a wild cherry wood finish. The foot of the table forms a bar
- 6 opening hatches : 2 on the front and 4 on the roof, for good ventilation
- Headroom: 2.00 m
A sociable space par excellence, the Outremer 5X cockpit provides an exceptionally clear view across the sea. It is as safe as it is comfortable because it is protected from all manoeuvres and bad weather. At the same level as the saloon, once at anchor it naturally enables you to play host to numerous guests in the utmost comfort.
- Lounge/sun bed on starboard side
- U-shaped 8 person seating
- Sandwich polyester drop-leaf table
- Optional Awning: complete fixed companionway
- Twin gas arrangement (2 bottles of 13 Kg)
- 4 end lockers + storages under the seats.
Selected to fully meet the requirements of short-handed offshore sailing:
- Mast, 2 winch ST60 (size to be confirmed)
- 4 winches on the coachroof 2xST70 + 2xST60 (size to be confirmed) : mainsail sheet and traveler, jib
- 2 ST70 winches in the cockpit (size to be confirmed) : davits, daggerboards, jib furler, runners (option)
- 1 ST50 on the rear beam (size to be confirmed) : mainsail track
- 1 self-tacking curved jib track with ball-bearing jib car
- 1 mainsheet track with ball-bearing car lowered onto the aft beam for maximum safety
- Quick-release clutches under load on deck and mast
- 10 mooring cleats: 2 up forward, 4 amidships, 2 aft, 2 inside the scooped stern.
A steering unit with all the instruments and controls within reach with a clear view of the sails, the sea, the bows and the scooped stern, as well as direct communication with the cockpit.
- Leather-covered stainless steel steering wheel to starboard (hydraulic transmission)
- Engine controls, steering compass, electronic navigation panel
Optional : to feel the full sensation of helming at high speed, or quite simply make the most of the spectacle from a privileged area with all the controls within reach, we propose a mechanical transmission with
- 2 demountable carbon tillers
- 2 ergonomic helm seats
- Dyform stainless steel stays and upper shrouds
- Shrouds on stainless steel rod triangulation
- Aluminium boom fitted with clutches for the reefing lines
- Wind vane
- Lazy bag and Lazy jack
- Jib furler
- Anchor light
- Masthead light
- 30 A quay charger
- Electric control panel with thermal circuit breakers + 2 x 12v cigar lighter sockets
- Voltmeter battery tester
- 2 x 12V, 90 A/h engine starter batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 4 x 105 A/h service batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 6 electric bilge pumps (1 per engine room + 1 per hull + 1 per shower )
- 1700 w vertical electric windlass.
Note: the windlass is positioned in a way which allows the winch drum to hoist the mainsail halyard.
- Regulatory navigation lights (port, starboard, stern, masthead, mooring) and deck light
- 2 opening hull hatches for compliance and ventilation
- 2 forward safety trampolines
- 60 cm high stainless steel stanchions, double row of guardrails, 2 jacklines
- 5 fire extinguishers