Seawind 1160 LITE Catamaran
Seawind 1160 LITE Catamaran
In 2004 Seawind Catamarans launched the 38ft Seawind 1160… a ground breaking and innovative design that gained worldwide acclaim for its clever layout and use of space, ergonomic design and effi cient short-handed sailing performance. With well over 100 Seawind 1160s launched and sailing the world, the design has been well proven, from crossing the world’s largest oceans to chartering in the beautiful locations such as the Whitsundays, Thailand and Caribbean. Now with the Seawind and Corsair Marine design teams joining forces, a whole new approach is being taken to this classic design.
Philosophy: Simple, Fast & Light!
Though the Seawind 1160 LITE will feature the same resininfused construction and same hull, deck, rig, sails and the famous Trifold door system of the previous 100 or so Seawind 1160s built, the design team have gone back to the drawing board on how to streamline the design to offer a robust cruising cat at a very attractive price.
One of the most noticeable differences on board the Seawind 1160 LITE is the new sleek interior design and fit out. The timber kit will be replaced with lightweight and stylish timber look laminate surfaces, with a new contemporary neutral colour palette as specified by Seawind’s interior stylist. The upholstery will be modern, angular, yet practical with a range of hard wearing Sunbrella fabrics to choose from.
The Seawind 1160 LITE also changes from the traditional diesel sail drives to lighter 20hp Honda (or 25hp Yamaha) outboard engines with electric tilt.
The layout will remain largely unchanged, though the ensuite on the starboard forward cabin will be replaced with a walk in wardrobe and wet locker.
The galley will be simplifi ed with an upright fridge/freezer and 3 burner stove, but still offered the same amount of storage with ring lockers, a handy shelf and plenty of cupboard space – far more in fact than in larger cats with galley up designs.
Benefits of Outboards
- Significant weight reduction
- No drag when sailing
- No growth on legs
- No electrolysis
- Low maintenance & low replacement costs
- Fuel stored external to the cabin
- More storage internally on the boat
The Seawind 1160 LITE also features:
- Resin infusion construction with hull in Vinylester resin
- Fully moulded carbon forebeam for stiffness
- Dual helm for maximum control
- Self tacking jib
- Extended hardtop area
- Twin primary Racor ( or similar) water separator / fuel filters, secondary engine fuel filters.
- Floors: Common area soles simulated teak with holly inlay; Cabin soles carpeted.
- Primary anchor is stored in a specially designed anchor roller under the forward beam.
- Anchor winch has foot switch at the winch plus a remote up / down control at the helm station.
- 3 x PVC Inflatable Fenders.
- 4 x Mooring lines (each 15 metres x 14mm).
- Manual bilge pumps (2) in each hull.
*4 x Forward Hatches 470mm x 470mm
*2 x Mid cabin hatches 470mm x 470mm
*1 x Port Bathroom window hatch 507mm x 377mm
*1 x Galley window hatch 507mm x 377mm
*1 x Aft Cabin window hatch 507mm x 377mm
- Fibreglass Deck Hatches: Forward anchor & storage hatches x 5
- Cockpit storage hatches x 2
- 6 x Docking cleats. Each side : bow, stern & amidships.
- 1 x Heavy duty mooring cleat on forward walkway.
- Ventilation: 2 x forward cabin hatch vents.
- Mast base turning blocks. All halyards & sail controls to cockpit.
- 12 x Rope clutches.
- Sheet winches:
*2 x 46ST – 2 speed self tailing
*2 x 40ST – 2 speed self tailing.
- Stanchions/Rails: High quality stanchions, bow rails and stern rails with 3 life-lines. 700mm high to meet Australian/CE survey requirements.
- 2 x transom access gates with pelican hook releases.
- 2 x side access gates with pelican hook releases.
- Aft swim ladder: folding stainless aft swim ladder.
- Standing Rigging:
*Forestay 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
*Sidestays 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire
*Diamonds 5/16 (8mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
*Main halyard: 12 mm Spectra rope : Heavy duty shackle.
*Genoa halyard: 8 mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle.
*Topping lift: 10 mm rope, Heavy duty shackle.
*Spinnaker Halyard: 10mm rope with snap-shackle spliced to end.
- Boom outhaul.
- 2 x mainsail single line reefing fitted.
- All halyards, reefing lines to be lead back to cockpit through turning blocks, rope clutches.
- Cruising mainsail cover with integrated lazy jack system.
- Self-tacking headsail with furler. Curved headsail traveller track with end stops. Control sheet to cockpit.
- Marine grade tinned electrical wiring with extensive use of heat sealed connectors.
- Batteries x 3 comprising: House System (400 amp hrs) : 2 x 200 amp hr AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) deep cycle / heavy duty batteries. One engine cranking battery – 700 CCA AGM.
- 230amp heavy duty isolation switch.
- 12 V lighting : Numerous 12V interior lamps and courtesy lights throughout including recessed lights in cockpit. Dome lights in cockpit.
- 4 x 12V Outlets.
- Survey approved navigation lights. Port & Starboard mounted on bow rails.
- Deck floodlight mounted on spreaders.
- Mast head anchor / riding light
- Seawind 1160 decals on each hull and stern.