Seawind 1160 Trans-Tasman
Seawind 1160 Trans-Tasman
Welcome aboard the Seawind 1160 blue water cruising catamaran, one of the world's most awarded cruising and charter catamarans which recently celebrated launching the 100th hull. The Seawind 1160 has won awards including:
- Most Innovative Sailboat (Cruising World Magazine 2007)
- Best Multihull Cruiser (Cruising World Magazine 2007)
- Best Sailboat of the Newport Boat Show, RI - USA (2006)
- Best Australian Consumer Product (Endeavour Manufacturing Awards 2007)
- Australian Sailboat of the Year (AIMIF 2005)
- Nominated for Top Ten Boats of the Year (SAIL Magazine 2007)
The Seawind 1160 creatively blends key concepts of other popular Seawind models to create a design that successfully combines the huge living space and allround visibility of the Seawind 1000, with the sleeping accommodation, luxurious fitout and security of the lockable Saloon featured on the Seawind 1200. Thanks to the innovative TRIFOLDING DOOR system that converts the separate saloon and cockpit separated by a door, into a huge living and entertaining space with the doors folding and stowing away into the targa above.
- Twin primary Racor ( or similar) water separator / fuel filters, secondary engine fuel filters.
- Floors: Common area soles simulated teak with holly inlay; Cabin soles carpeted.
- Primary anchor is stored in a specially designed anchor roller under the forward beam.
- Anchor winch has foot switch at the winch plus a remote up / down control at the helm station.
- 3 x PVC Inflatable Fenders.
- 4 x Mooring lines (each 15 metres x 14mm).
- Manual bilge pumps (2) in each hull.
*4 x Forward Hatches 470mm x 470mm
*2 x Mid cabin hatches 470mm x 470mm
*1 x Port Bathroom window hatch 507mm x 377mm
*1 x Galley window hatch 507mm x 377mm
*1 x Aft Cabin window hatch 507mm x 377mm
- Fibreglass Deck Hatches: Forward anchor & storage hatches x 5
- Cockpit storage hatches x 2
- 6 x Docking cleats. Each side : bow, stern & amidships.
- 1 x Heavy duty mooring cleat on forward walkway.
- Ventilation: 2 x forward cabin hatch vents.
- Mast base turning blocks. All halyards & sail controls to cockpit.
- 12 x Rope clutches.
- Sheet winches:
*2 x 46ST – 2 speed self tailing
*2 x 40ST – 2 speed self tailing.
- Stanchions/Rails: High quality stanchions, bow rails and stern rails with 3 life-lines. 700mm high to meet Australian/CE survey requirements.
- 2 x transom access gates with pelican hook releases.
- 2 x side access gates with pelican hook releases.
- Aft swim ladder: folding stainless aft swim ladder.
- Standing Rigging:
*Forestay 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
*Sidestays 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire
*Diamonds 5/16 (8mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
*Main halyard: 12 mm Spectra rope : Heavy duty shackle.
*Genoa halyard: 8 mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle.
*Topping lift: 10 mm rope, Heavy duty shackle.
*Spinnaker Halyard: 10mm rope with snap-shackle spliced to end.
- Boom outhaul.
- 2 x mainsail single line reefing fitted.
- All halyards, reefing lines to be lead back to cockpit through turning blocks, rope clutches.
- Cruising mainsail cover with integrated lazy jack system.
- Self-tacking headsail with furler. Curved headsail traveller track with end stops. Control sheet to cockpit.
- Marine grade tinned electrical wiring with extensive use of heat sealed connectors.
- Batteries x 3 comprising: House System (400 amp hrs) : 2 x 200 amp hr AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) deep cycle / heavy duty batteries. One engine cranking battery – 700 CCA AGM.
- 230amp heavy duty isolation switch.
- 12 V lighting : Numerous 12V interior lamps and courtesy lights throughout including recessed lights in cockpit. Dome lights in cockpit.
- 4 x 12V Outlets.
- Survey approved navigation lights. Port & Starboard mounted on bow rails.
- Deck floodlight mounted on spreaders.
- Mast head anchor / riding light
- Seawind 1160 decals on each hull and stern.