Elegant, fast, smooth and reassuring, this is the new flagship of Outremer Yachting: The 5X. Offering balance and serenity, this catamaran has been designed to satisfy even the most demanding catamaran connoisseurs.
The design is just as appealing as its performance, convincing journalists from 11 countries to elect her as "European Yacht of the Year 2013".
- Special NPG gelcoat
- Vinylester barrier coating on the external skin
- Manual lamination of the hull/deck bond
- Laminated bulkheads assembled with flanges on both sides
- Polyester daggerboard cases: monolithic structure for higher strength
- Composite daggerboards
- Composite rudders on aluminum stocks
Decoration/Upholstery (Franck Darnet Design) For your comfort and your pleasure, the team at Franck Darnet Design imagined the interior fittings of the Outremer 5X to make them very enticing, while respecting the values of the brand: light weight, easy maintenance, ergonomics.
- Full interior upholstery, mattress, cushion covers, saloon, cabins: removable covers with high resilience foam
- Floors in foam core sandwich for performance
- Side and lower section in polyester veneering which is hard-wearing and easy maintenance, upper section in insulating imitation leather
Positioned at the boat’s centre of gravity, the saloon provides comfortable living conditions both at sea and at anchor. At the same level as the cockpit, it provides a 360° view across the sea, whether you’re standing or seated.
- Panoramic window opening 160 cm
- U-shaped seating (6 people) with a mobile bench seat opposite (2 people)
- Wide accessible storage lockers beneath the seating.
- Numerous lockers and cupboards.
- Foam sandwich adjustable table with a wild cherry wood finish. The foot of the table forms a bar
- 6 opening hatches : 2 on the front and 4 on the roof, for good ventilation
- Headroom: 2.00 m
A sociable space par excellence, the Outremer 5X cockpit provides an exceptionally clear view across the sea. It is as safe as it is comfortable because it is protected from all manoeuvres and bad weather. At the same level as the saloon, once at anchor it naturally enables you to play host to numerous guests in the utmost comfort.
- Lounge/sun bed on starboard side
- U-shaped 8 person seating
- Sandwich polyester drop-leaf table
- Optional Awning: complete fixed companionway
- Twin gas arrangement (2 bottles of 13 Kg)
- 4 end lockers + storages under the seats.
Selected to fully meet the requirements of short-handed offshore sailing:
- Mast, 2 winch ST60 (size to be confirmed)
- 4 winches on the coachroof 2xST70 + 2xST60 (size to be confirmed) : mainsail sheet and traveler, jib
- 2 ST70 winches in the cockpit (size to be confirmed) : davits, daggerboards, jib furler, runners (option)
- 1 ST50 on the rear beam (size to be confirmed) : mainsail track
- 1 self-tacking curved jib track with ball-bearing jib car
- 1 mainsheet track with ball-bearing car lowered onto the aft beam for maximum safety
- Quick-release clutches under load on deck and mast
- 10 mooring cleats: 2 up forward, 4 amidships, 2 aft, 2 inside the scooped stern.
A steering unit with all the instruments and controls within reach with a clear view of the sails, the sea, the bows and the scooped stern, as well as direct communication with the cockpit.
- Leather-covered stainless steel steering wheel to starboard (hydraulic transmission)
- Engine controls, steering compass, electronic navigation panel
Optional : to feel the full sensation of helming at high speed, or quite simply make the most of the spectacle from a privileged area with all the controls within reach, we propose a mechanical transmission with
- 2 demountable carbon tillers
- 2 ergonomic helm seats
- Dyform stainless steel stays and upper shrouds
- Shrouds on stainless steel rod triangulation
- Aluminium boom fitted with clutches for the reefing lines
- Wind vane
- Lazy bag and Lazy jack
- Jib furler
- Anchor light
- Masthead light
- 30 A quay charger
- Electric control panel with thermal circuit breakers + 2 x 12v cigar lighter sockets
- Voltmeter battery tester
- 2 x 12V, 90 A/h engine starter batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 4 x 105 A/h service batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 6 electric bilge pumps (1 per engine room + 1 per hull + 1 per shower )
- 1700 w vertical electric windlass.
Note: the windlass is positioned in a way which allows the winch drum to hoist the mainsail halyard.
- Regulatory navigation lights (port, starboard, stern, masthead, mooring) and deck light
- 2 opening hull hatches for compliance and ventilation
- 2 forward safety trampolines
- 60 cm high stainless steel stanchions, double row of guardrails, 2 jacklines
- 5 fire extinguishers