Outremer 5X Catamaran
Outremer 5X Catamaran
As a result of extensive collaboration with top experts in the field of naval architecture, Outremer Yachting has created the ultimate long-range cruising catamaran and their newest flagship yacht….the 5X. Confirming her rightful place at the top, the Outremer 5X has won European Yacht of the Year for 2013 and Cruising World’s Best Multihull over 50Ft for 2014.
The 5X is unlike any other large performance catamaran on the market. At a length of just under 60ft and a width of nearly 29 feet, the Outremer 5X is a fast, powerful, and seaworthy yacht with finely finished cabinetwork, spacious accommodations and with excellent payload carrying ability.
Form Follows Function
Setting a new standard by pushing the ergonomic principles of the Outremer 49, the dream team has created a fast and agile catamaran, whose deck is so well organized that even a single person can handle every maneuver.
Outstanding Feedback and Steering Control
The Outremer 5X catamaran is presently the largest high performance multihull with optional tiller steering. This provides not only thrill and fun at the helm, but also the best feedback and steering control imaginable.
Enjoyment of Passages and Anchorages
Retractable, high aspect ratio daggerboards assure not only great pointing ability when sailing upwind, but also a shallower draft which permits access to even the smallest and remote anchorages.
Expansive Living Areas
On the same level as the saloon is the cockpit, fully protected from the elements by her innovative composite bimini, effectively allowing it to become an open extension of the living area.
Unrestricted Ocean Views
The interior is clean, elegant and smart. Her modern and open-space interior offers unrestricted views and functional comfort. On the owners’ version, the port hull suite includes a king size bed (2 x 2 meters), a superb “sea-view” port light, an office and a separate private entrance from the stern. A 4-cabin version and an owners’ version with crew cabin are also available.
Racing the Wind
Sensitive to the slightest variations in the wind the Outremer 5X is almost always equal to or surpassing the true wind speed – a result of the creative collaborations of her dream team.
Indeed, the shipyard called upon the most competent workforce in each field for the design of the Outremer 5X:
• VPLP, the world leading designer of racing and cruising multihulls, and designer of Oracle, the Winner of the America’s Cup, was responsible for the overall design of the 5X.
• Michel Desjoyaux, through his Mer Forte consulting office, designed the high performance and functional deck layout with focus on suitability for short-handed sailing.
• Franck Darnet Design, a member of SuperYacht France, designed the interior with well-chosen materials achieving a balance of simplicity and comfort with formal elegance. Creator of the Outremer 49 and of the entire Allures range, Franck Darnet has also designed the world’s largest composite catamaran ever built (120’).
• Patrick Le Quément, a veteran figure in aesthetics and former director of the Renault design office, joined the project to assure that the boat’s design integrated completely with its ultimate purpose to sail the seas.
The Outremer 5X catamaran is the ultimate production performance catamaran in her class. As a full production boat (with semi-custom interior) she is built in a consistent manufacturing process, assuring precise construction, reliability and excellent factory support – all at a very reasonable price tag.
- Special NPG gelcoat
- Vinylester barrier coating on the external skin
- Manual lamination of the hull/deck bond
- Laminated bulkheads assembled with flanges on both sides
- Polyester daggerboard cases: monolithic structure for higher strength
- Composite daggerboards
- Composite rudders on aluminum stocks
Decoration/Upholstery (Franck Darnet Design) For your comfort and your pleasure, the team at Franck Darnet Design imagined the interior fittings of the Outremer 5X to make them very enticing, while respecting the values of the brand: light weight, easy maintenance, ergonomics.
- Full interior upholstery, mattress, cushion covers, saloon, cabins: removable covers with high resilience foam
- Floors in foam core sandwich for performance
- Side and lower section in polyester veneering which is hard-wearing and easy maintenance, upper section in insulating imitation leather
Positioned at the boat’s centre of gravity, the saloon provides comfortable living conditions both at sea and at anchor. At the same level as the cockpit, it provides a 360° view across the sea, whether you’re standing or seated.
- Panoramic window opening 160 cm
- U-shaped seating (6 people) with a mobile bench seat opposite (2 people)
- Wide accessible storage lockers beneath the seating.
- Numerous lockers and cupboards.
- Foam sandwich adjustable table with a wild cherry wood finish. The foot of the table forms a bar
- 6 opening hatches : 2 on the front and 4 on the roof, for good ventilation
- Headroom: 2.00 m
A sociable space par excellence, the Outremer 5X cockpit provides an exceptionally clear view across the sea. It is as safe as it is comfortable because it is protected from all manoeuvres and bad weather. At the same level as the saloon, once at anchor it naturally enables you to play host to numerous guests in the utmost comfort.
- Lounge/sun bed on starboard side
- U-shaped 8 person seating
- Sandwich polyester drop-leaf table
- Optional Awning: complete fixed companionway
- Twin gas arrangement (2 bottles of 13 Kg)
- 4 end lockers + storages under the seats.
Selected to fully meet the requirements of short-handed offshore sailing:
- Mast, 2 winch ST60 (size to be confirmed)
- 4 winches on the coachroof 2xST70 + 2xST60 (size to be confirmed) : mainsail sheet and traveler, jib
- 2 ST70 winches in the cockpit (size to be confirmed) : davits, daggerboards, jib furler, runners (option)
- 1 ST50 on the rear beam (size to be confirmed) : mainsail track
- 1 self-tacking curved jib track with ball-bearing jib car
- 1 mainsheet track with ball-bearing car lowered onto the aft beam for maximum safety
- Quick-release clutches under load on deck and mast
- 10 mooring cleats: 2 up forward, 4 amidships, 2 aft, 2 inside the scooped stern.
A steering unit with all the instruments and controls within reach with a clear view of the sails, the sea, the bows and the scooped stern, as well as direct communication with the cockpit.
- Leather-covered stainless steel steering wheel to starboard (hydraulic transmission)
- Engine controls, steering compass, electronic navigation panel
Optional : to feel the full sensation of helming at high speed, or quite simply make the most of the spectacle from a privileged area with all the controls within reach, we propose a mechanical transmission with
- 2 demountable carbon tillers
- 2 ergonomic helm seats
- Dyform stainless steel stays and upper shrouds
- Shrouds on stainless steel rod triangulation
- Aluminium boom fitted with clutches for the reefing lines
- Wind vane
- Lazy bag and Lazy jack
- Jib furler
- Anchor light
- Masthead light
- 30 A quay charger
- Electric control panel with thermal circuit breakers + 2 x 12v cigar lighter sockets
- Voltmeter battery tester
- 2 x 12V, 90 A/h engine starter batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 4 x 105 A/h service batteries with bipolar battery isolating switches
- 6 electric bilge pumps (1 per engine room + 1 per hull + 1 per shower )
- 1700 w vertical electric windlass.
Note: the windlass is positioned in a way which allows the winch drum to hoist the mainsail halyard.
- Regulatory navigation lights (port, starboard, stern, masthead, mooring) and deck light
- 2 opening hull hatches for compliance and ventilation
- 2 forward safety trampolines
- 60 cm high stainless steel stanchions, double row of guardrails, 2 jacklines
- 5 fire extinguishers