Performance with Comfort
The Seawind 1190 Sport has been developed for sailors looking for performance without compromise on comfort and range. The 1190 is a variant of the popular 1160 cruising range and has been optimised by Francois Perus in collaboration with Alan Carwardine, two of the industry’s leading multihull designers.
Her modern, stylish interior has all the comforts required for long distance cruising. In the owners version layout she has a queen sized island bed with plenty of storage and two double berths, comfortably sleeping six.
High Performance Design
The 1190 Sport uses carbon and synthetic rigging where possible to increase strength and decrease weight. This has resulted in a weight reduction of 600kg compared to the Seawind 1160 Lite. Her daggerboards not only improve her pointing ability by 5-7 degrees but when combined with her high aspect retractable rudder reduce the wetted surface area by over 7 square metres, greatly reducing drag.
Nominated for both Cruising Worlds boat of the year 2017 and Sail’s best boat 2017.
- Waterline Length11.3m
The 1190 Sport has been developed for sailors looking for performance without compromise on comfort and range. The 1190 is a variant of the popular 1160 cruising range and has been optimised by Francois Perus in collaboration with Alan Carwardine, two of the industry’s leading multihull designers. She offers all the advantages of a modern sports catamaran without losing the ability to perform as a long distance cruiser. The 1190 Sport features a number of key performance enhancements;
- Extended hull: An extra foot of waterline length (LOA: 39 feet) and additional buoyancy in the stern providing a cleaner exit of the transom from the water, reducing drag .
- Taller rig: Double spreader rig allows for a higher aspect mainsail and jib.
- Performance Sails: Doyle performance sails which include lightweight, super strong Kevlar arimid sails with a high aspect radial cut square top mainsail and deck sweeping self-tacking jib. Optional overlapping genoa sheeted back to the hardtop and large furling screecher.
- Daggerboards: Improved pointing to windward (5-7 degrees) and reduced drag when sailing downwind. When up, the draft is reduced to 450mm which is very practical inshore. The daggerboards store neatly within their own case under the deck, meaning you don’t see or bump your toes on them.
- Retractable rudders: Light steering thanks partly to the high aspect design of the rudders and partly due to the carbon rod tillers and cross bar arrangement.
- Carbon Bowsprit, Front Beam and Targa Arch: The screecher attaches to a carbon bowsprit that extends from a carbon reinforced front beam for an extra stiff platform. The targa arch is also carbon reinforced to provide additional strength while reducing weight.
- Synthetic Rigging & Safety Lines: Using racing technology with Dynux synthetic rigging, weight has been taken out of the rig up high. This is complimented by synthetic safety lines also contributing to weight loss.
- Outboard Engines: Help reduce weight and drag, twin 20hp Honda Outboards are standard on the new Sport which also has the added benefit of reduced maintenance and associated costs.
Inquire about the Seawind 1190 Sport