From the initial launch of the Seawind 1000 when it was awarded " Australian Cruising Boat of the Year", being the first time this award had been bestowed to a catamaran, the locally designed and built Seawind 1000 firmly marked its position in the Australian marine industry as the most successful cruising sail boat. This continued success is evident with 217 boats now complete.
Through a number of refinements and product development with the input of customers, the design has evolved into a cruising boat that represents excellent value for money, efficient performance and sea going ability, optimised short handed control and comfortable yet very practical layout for Australian conditions. Now with the new XL2 series, this classic design now benefits from a new list of refinements.
The Seawind 1000XL2 will now have a range of new and significant features to enhance onboard comfort and livability for cruising couples and families. These include:
1.Fibreglass Hardtop ExtensionThis newly designed hardtop provides more internal shade and protection totally enclosing the helm and giving full access to pack away sails.
2. Galley Saloon HatchThis great innovation opens up the galley providing more light, ventilation and allows the crew closer communication
3.Folding Saloon Timber TableA beautifully hand crafted timber table now folds in three to allow more space around the saloon seats, or a coffee table
4. Electric Tilt MotorsPush button control to raise both outboard motors makes this boat even easier to manage for the short handed crew.
5. Lighter Vaccum Bag ConstructionThanks to Vacuum Bag technology now used during fiberglassing, the displacement of the new XL2 has dropped by approx. 500kgs meaning better performance or larger load carrying ability
6. LED Navigation Internal LightsEnergy efficient LED lights are now standard on both navigation lights and internal lighting.
7. Updated Galley StylingTo compliment the new galley saloon hatch, the galley has had a make over with new styled cupboards and a new Optional oven.
8. New Electronics PackageWith all the controls at your fingertips, this new electronics console has the chartplotter and multifunctional displays plus more in an ergonomic panel.
9. Hand Polished Stainless SteelThe quality of stainless steel finish has to be seen to be believed, with all weld joins hand polished out to seamless part.
10. Superior Fibreglass FinishThanks to the team at Corsair, many more man hours have been invested into an all-round amazing fibreglass finish
CLICK HERE For The Latest Review on the Seawind 1000XL2 on My.Sailing.com.au
- Remote electric key start. Igniti
- Remote electric key start. Ignition for both engines is at the starboard steering station.
- Dual engine controls at starboard helm station.
- Electric tilt
- Mattresses to be 4” foam upholstered.
- Cabins lined.
- American Oak interior finished in two pack polyurethane finish
- Slides and cabin top lined with frontrunner carpet and vinyl.
- Common area - soles timber
- Cabin soles carpet.
- Cockpit Cushion seats and backrests in Saloon.
- Fresh water shower with flexible hand-held hose. Electric shower bilge pump with direct overboard discharge
- Sullage tank built in. Pump out by shore station.
- Good storage/cupboards.
- Drop-down dinette table finished in matching laminex and decorative timber.
- Pressured fresh water system.
- Manual Anchor Winch mounted on foredeck.
- 3 x PVC Inflatable Fenders
- 4 x Mooring lines (each 15 metres x 14mm).
*2 x Forward Hatches Aluminium frame 500 x 500
*2 x Mid cabin hatches.
*2 x Aft cabin hatches
*4 x Mooring cleats.
*1 x Anchor cleat.
- Forward catwalk swim ladder - hinges under hinged catwalk.
- Cabin Ventilation: 2 x Dorade vents.
- Mast base turning blocks
- Saddle at base of mast for halyard attachment.
- 8 x Rope clutches
- Stanchions/Rails: High quality stanchions, bow rails and stern rails with 3 life-lines. 600mm high to meet Australian survey & CE requirements.
- 4 x access gates with pelican hook releases.
- 1 x manual bilge pump. (Survey boats have 3 manual pumps).
- 2 x Bowseat pulpits with hinging teak slatted seats.
- 2 x Padeyes mounted on each inboard bow for bowsprit retrofit.
- Standing Rigging:
*Forestay 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 wire
*Sidestays 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 wire
*Diamonds 5/16 (8mm) 1 x 19 wire. All fitted with turnbuckles and end fittings.
- Hinged mast base to allow for lowering on boat.(additional rigging as option)
*2:1 Main halyard: 10 mm Spectra rope: Heavy duty shackle.
*Jib halyard: 8 mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle.
*Topping lift: 10 mm Double Braid, Heavy duty shackle.
*Spinnaker Halyard: 12 mm Double Braid with snapshackle spliced to end.
- Boom outhaul.
- 2 x mainsail single-line reefing lines fitted and lead back to the cockpit.
- All halyards, reefing lines to be lead back to cockpit through turning blocks, rope clutches.
- Sheet Winches: 2 x ST40’s.
- Cruising mainsail cover with integrated lazy jack system.
- Headsail. With UV jib strip (white otherwise specified)
- Self-tacking headsail traveller track with hardware.
- Mainsails batten sliders.
- Tinned wire used throughout.
- 3 x heavy duty 105 AH batteries.
- 230amp heavy duty isolation switch.
- Solar Panels: 2 x 120 watt solar panels.
- All cabins with individual lighting.
- Galley/saloon area - 2 x fluoro lights.
- Diffused lights over aft deck - 2 lights.
- Centre cockpit lighting.
-2 x Buckets
- 20m of line
- Floating rescue light
- Decorative striping on hulls.