Last Saturday, January 21st 2017, Outremer had the honor of receiving the “European Yacht of the Year” trophy for the third time, while at the Düsseldorf Boat Show with the Outremer 4X. This follows the Outremer 49 in 2010 and the 5X in 2012. This is the first boat in the new “racing” range to have been voted “European Yacht of the Year 2017” in the multihull category.
“The Outremer 4X epitomises performance cruising and is a boat that will thrill sailors,” said Brent Vaughan of Multihull Central.
“Winning this award is a fantastic achievement for Xavier and the team. It highlights the innovation being explored by this company on the up and up.”
“I’m sure it won’t be long before an Aussie is cruising the world on a new Outremer 4X. We are here to help them accomplish that dream.”
Outremer 4X, a fusion of pleasure:
- Developed in association with Loïck Peyron. The 4X was unveiled at the International Multihull Show at La Grande Motte in the South of France last April.
- The performance, enjoyment and sensations from sailing this boat are what won over the EYOTY jury during their tests in Cannes last September.“The feel of the helm is comparable to that of a Hobie Cat”, enthused Jochen Rieker, the jury president.
- The 4X is the fastest catamaran in her class. She offers a perfect combination of performance and on-board comfort while guaranteeing optimum safety.
- The extensive use of carbon fiber in addition to the optimization of the appendages, the deck layout, with the rotating mast and numerous other innovations boost the boat’s performance.
- Importantly the 4X represents an historic return to the yard’s roots. A blue water catamaran capable of racing. Currently winners of many events (Transmed, the OSTAR, or more recently, the ARC 2016 won by the 5X, Nemo).